Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Technically not an angel, Anita Ekberg's character in La Dolce Vita was more of a goddess and her performance was an iconic statement that fell under the umbrella of archetype, as far I'm concerned. This is my favorite of the 9/11 collages, I used tiny copies of it as a business card for a while. I know exactly how she feels; but more than that, I loved those two buildings as if they were human. Or, perhaps, even divine. Brand new when I first moved to Manhattan, they were my beacons, my Stonehenge, the Great Pyramids; and now they're gone.

1 comment:

  1. This entry and artwork turned into business card is perfect. all your 9/11 perspectives are so powerful, art and words both. thanks for sharing your awesome talents - publishers will snap you up soon.

    ReplyDelete