Monday, May 4, 2009

A bit of a departure, but today would have been my dear friend Bob's birthday and since he was definitely an angel in my life, I felt the need to honor him. We were kids together in art school and moved to New York at the same time. The bottom photo was taken in 1975 by Michael Carlucci, that's me trying on a flea market hat as Bob laughs, and the one to the right was taken at my wedding in 1980 by Peggy Horning. He died of AIDS, like most of the gay men I knew back then. So many gone, so sad, interesting I finally saw Milk yesterday. Also watched Frost/Nixon, which I thought was the better movie, Frank Langella blew my mind, although 1978 was not my finest hour. But I was too high to remember, really. To Bob. I miss you. 

2 comments:

  1. To friends here and gone
    and yet to come x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so difficult to think about the large number of people in our cohort who died. Thanks for this post though it breaks my heart.

    ReplyDelete