Friday, July 24, 2009

One of my favorite Warhols, from a suite of silkscreens based on Italian Renaissance paintings. This one's source is St. George and the Dragon, and I love that wing and tail and her expression. I have a lot of history with Andy Warhol, never met the man, but he was just getting started with his supernova career when I was in art school and held up as an example, and then much later, after his death, I worked as a curator's assistant at the Warhol Foundation's office while they were preparing his substantial archives for the big Christie's auction. Madhouse, I have to say. Very fabulous, but the cast of characters and their never ending personal dramas were fascinating. Lots of juicy gossip, but not tonight.

1 comment:

  1. I never met him, either, but he glared at me once. So when do we get the gossip?

    ReplyDelete