Saturday, August 1, 2009

One can't blog about Warhol and not mention Marilyn, the piece that I sat with at the Foundation was one of the big multiples of this face on canvas, 12 or 20 repeats in different colors and it was spectacular. It's a miracle I got any work done. Especially since Bridget Berlin's two pugs, Fame and Whoopy, discovered that I loved them and would come visit me at whatever office I was sitting in. Bridget was certainly my favorite person there, she'd been fat and naked in the early Factory movies, but when I met her she was Nancy Reagan thin in a black mink and pearls. She got the pugs red leather collars studded with rhinestones, and they came to show the collars off to me, shaking their heads and so proud.

1 comment:

  1. look what i found! do it yourself marilyn monroe;
    http://www.webexhibits.org/colorart/marilyns.html

    ReplyDelete