Tuesday, September 12, 2023


 It's been almost a month since my first email blast, and this beauty was the first piece to sell in response to it. Yesterday, I went to the post office to send out one of the CoVid 19 collages that sold because of the blast as well, so it seems to be working. Oddly enough, the hawk is Freya and the collage is called Frida, and I can't help noting the coincidental similarity of their names.

In other news, I entered an exhibition opportunity in London and have had a rather rude awakening about what would be involved in getting the piece there if it got accepted. I'll spare you the details and just say it would be cheaper and easier and frankly more fun if I pop it in my suitcase and fly it over, stay in London for the opening, go visit my friend in Newcastle while the show is on and if it doesn't sell, pick it up, pop it back in the suitcase and fly it home. Can you say VATs and complicated courier services?

No comments:

Post a Comment