Thursday, January 25, 2024


This is Juno, a new mixed media piece on paper that is twice the size as what I've been working with lately. I'm about to enter her in a juried exhibition at the National Portrait Gallery in Washington, DC. The prospectus doesn't say the sitter has to be human, and when questioned about my subject matter, I'm known to say I paint people who happen to be birds. Wish me luck!

In other news, the Provincetown Art Association Museum is going to carry my greeting cards in their gift shop. I dropped off 100 cards on Tuesday as an opening order so they can see which ones sell the best before they get more. They bought the birds to sell individually as well as the collage series, which they may make into boxed sets. Looks like I'm in the greeting card business.

No comments:

Post a Comment