Monday, July 27, 2026

Before I properly start this post, I realized that last week I posted the first paragraph twice without the second one, but that has now been fixed. My apologies. Anyway, another early morning sitting by the open window in my comfy chair. Back when it occurred to me to move the bed out of this room and turn it into a studio, I never thought about sitting by the window in this very chair to write in my journal and drink my first cup of coffee in the morning. I slept in here and changed my clothes but that was it because it never felt right as a bedroom. I only hung out in here after the room switch, although sometimes it was too messy to do it. That changed with the series of professional studio visits I had earlier this year. The room got progressively tidier, more organized, and once the antique dresser finally made its way out and into the other room by the bed, it became more spacious and actually inviting to sit in. It still gets messy but everything has a place to go once I’m done with it. At the moment, there’s framing going on but nothing else to distract me.
In the meantime, I have news. Peaches, the orange bird with the fuchsia background from last week’s post, has sold. And this project I keep referring to but am still unable to discuss yet, and which by the way has a great deal to do with the tidying up of the studio, took another step forward towards fruition. It’s big, and I promise it will be worth the wait once it happens but the spooky old woo-woo Irish in me doesn’t want to jinx it. And as you can see, there are two new paintings, Cadet at top and Patience above, both on canvas and smaller than other recent pieces that will be at the Ali Gray Gallery for the Birds of a Feather show which opens this Friday. I’m not sure if the collage workshop will take placeyet, but I have a long to-do list for the show and of course, the big UK trip next week. Next week! Yikes! Best get cracking, Maureen - on with the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment