Greetings from my tidy and reorganized studio, where I now spend my cool mornings sitting in a shabby, uber-comfy, overstuffed vintage swivel chair by an open window, unless of course it’s closed because of the smoke from the Canadian wildfires that have been plaguing us lately. I had already put up sheer linen curtains during the first heatwave this summer to keep the afternoon sun from making the studio unbearable. Curtains also made the room, along with plants and an old Turkish rug protecting the landlord’s carpet, quite homey. Then my printer died a couple weeks ago leaving space on the desk for collages instead of doing them on my tilted drafting tabletop. As I’ve mentioned before, I’m preparing to run a workshop at the gallery and part of that has involved my creating collages to use as examples. The workshop may not happen now, but I’m okay with that because it has motivated me to do the two beauties above and below. I’m especially happy with the hawk, which was meant to be simple enough for kids to follow but took on a complexity that, dare I say it, is quite sophisticated.Monday, July 20, 2026
Greetings from my tidy and reorganized studio, where I now spend my cool mornings sitting in a shabby, uber-comfy, overstuffed vintage swivel chair by an open window, unless of course it’s closed because of the smoke from the Canadian wildfires that have been plaguing us lately. I had already put up sheer linen curtains during the first heatwave this summer to keep the afternoon sun from making the studio unbearable. Curtains also made the room, along with plants and an old Turkish rug protecting the landlord’s carpet, quite homey. Then my printer died a couple weeks ago leaving space on the desk for collages instead of doing them on my tilted drafting tabletop. As I’ve mentioned before, I’m preparing to run a workshop at the gallery and part of that has involved my creating collages to use as examples. The workshop may not happen now, but I’m okay with that because it has motivated me to do the two beauties above and below. I’m especially happy with the hawk, which was meant to be simple enough for kids to follow but took on a complexity that, dare I say it, is quite sophisticated.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment