Sunday, February 22, 2009

New York was a scary place in the 70s, parts of it were always on fire, nobody had any money. I was here to work on a friend's film, which never got finished, and got sucked into the Bad Girl of Soho vortex. I continued to make art, no Angels or Indians, mostly freelance gigs, backdrops for boutique windows and theater flats, but I didn't fulfill my promising potential, I was too busy trying to have a life. I drew a lot of cloud formations from the roof though, and these lead to the abstracts I painted in the 80s. Here is one of those. Interestingly enough, not only is it a square, and a similar palette to the previous post, I see the hint of an angel in it.

1 comment:

  1. Its beautiful. Life gets in the way sometimes.

    I remember staying in New York in the 90s. I was staying at some artists colony - all the rooms were painted in frescos of some description. It was so strange to me. See I sit here an envy where you live and the wonderful experiences you must have had through those years. I bet you have some fascinating stories to tell. I think your artwork is great, eally!

    ReplyDelete