Saturday, March 21, 2009

Odd, I thought I deleted this image after I posted it last night to see how it looked, but it was still here in the morning so I must be meant to tell you about it. Fairly flat, with its mother of pearl button eyes and mouth, it is a forerunner to the later papier mache sculptures. Done in the first few weeks after losing my job, I drew the original sketch during a seminar that was part of a two day convention for artists who were affected by 9/11. This program was an important turning point in my life, it led to a sixteen week course of Post Traumatic Stress therapy, and then later, to the program at Pace University that my internship at the Smithsonian Museum of the American Indian was a big piece of.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, thanks for the link to your blog! I'm glad you didn't delete this image, I like it (and the paintings in your previous two posts) very much! I'm curious about what medium you use (for this and the paintings), do you have a website with more of your work?

    ReplyDelete