Monday, March 23, 2009

One of my favorites, Circe, this hung in my bedroom reflecting in my mirror for over a year; I love the pearly lavender against the hot coppery background. It was done during the period of listening to hours of my PTSD tapes as the angels became more regal, more commanding, more in control. I find it interesting how the paintings I prefer are usually not the ones that are best received, perhaps it has to do with how I felt when I was creating them rather than how they actually turned out.

2 comments:

  1. I found this a little unnerving at first
    the copper colour looks like flames
    The more I look at her the friendlier she became and that pearly lavender colour started to glow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's not as defined as some of the others, not as pretty, for lack of a better word. But that glow gets me, as does the awkward abstractness.

    ReplyDelete